I’m in complete awe with my giant gumball machine backdrop, setting it up was easy and fun.. plus the pictures turned out great.!
Everything I used
Red craft paper roll – design
Black and white craft papers
1. After deciding on the dimensions of my gumball machine and picking out an image for reference, I drew a rough outline of the base and lid on my craft paper and cut it out. For the inner design, I first cut out a square from a black craft paper.
2. Next I cut some accessories out of a white craft paper.
3. I then glued the black square in place followed by the accessories.
4. Then I filled in the outlines with a black marker.
5. The design felt incomplete so I brought in a yellow cup to act as the spinning knob and taped it in place with some double sided tape.
6. I first taped the base of the gumball machine to the wall with some loops of painter’s tape followed by the lid at a desired height from the base. Then I taped the balls in place with some double sided tape.
7. While taping the balls I followed a pattern just for the outline — Flat at the top & bottom and curved on the sides — and filled in the rest accordingly.
8. Then I cut out a piece of cardboard with a tiny flap at the top and taped it in place as a finishing touch to the gumballs outlet.
9. I left the rest of the balls scattered on the floor and here’s the final output.
Spread the love by sharing this post with friends and family!