I’m in complete awe with my giant gumball machine backdrop, setting it up was easy and fun.. plus the pictures turned out great.!
Everything I used
Red craft paper roll – design
Black and white craft papers
1. After deciding on the dimensions of my gumball machine and picking out an image for reference, I drew a rough outline of the base and lid on my craft paper and cut it out. For the inner design, I first cut out a square from a black craft paper.
2. Next I cut some accessories out of a white craft paper.
3. I then glued the black square in place followed by the accessories.
4. Then I filled in the outlines with a black marker.
5. The design felt incomplete so I brought in a yellow cup to act as the spinning knob and taped it in place with some double sided tape.
6. I first taped the base of the gumball machine to the wall with some loops of painter’s tape followed by the lid at a desired height from the base. Then I taped the balls in place with some double sided tape.
7. While taping the balls I followed a pattern just for the outline — Flat at the top & bottom and curved on the sides — and filled in the rest accordingly.
8. Then I cut out a piece of cardboard with a tiny flap at the top and taped it in place as a finishing touch to the gumballs outlet.
9. I left the rest of the balls scattered on the floor and here’s the final output.
Hope you liked this fun idea, I’d love to see how your pictures turn out so tag me on Instagram when you post them. Also, do checkout Mommy clicks on Facebook and Pinterest.
Spread the love by sharing this post with friends and family!